DoellerLab.com is operated by Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Department of Psychology. The Max Planck Society (MPG) takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We process personal data collected during visits to our website in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. Your data will neither be published by us nor passed on to third parties without authorization. In the following, we explain what data we collect during your visit to our websites and how exactly it is used:
A. General information
1. Scope of data processing
As a matter of principle, we collect and use personal user data only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services. The collection and use of personal data of our users is regularly carried out with the consent of the users. An exception applies in those cases in which the processing of the data is permitted by legal regulations.
2. Legal basis of the data processing
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the affected person for processing operations involving personal data, Article 6 (1) (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis. When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the affected person is a party, Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. If the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of MPG or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected person do not override the first-mentioned interest, Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
3. Data deletion and storage period
The personal data of the affected person will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Storage may also take place if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in Union regulations, laws or other provisions to which MPG is subject. Data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
4. Contact details of the responsible persons
Responsible in the sense of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws as well as other data protection regulations is the
Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (MPG)
Hofgartenstraße 8D-80539 Munich
Phone: +49 (89) 2108-0
Contact form: https://www.mpg.de/kontakt/anfragen
B. Provision of the website and creation of log files
Each time you access our website, our servers and applications automatically collect data and information from the computer system of the calling computer. The following data are temporarily collected:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your access to the page
- Address of the page called up
- Address of the previously visited website (referrer)
- Name and version of your browser/operating system (if transmitted)
The data are stored in the log files of our systems. A storage of this data together with other personal data of the users does not take place.
Legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, we use the data to optimize the websites, for troubleshooting and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. In these purposes also lies our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session has ended. In the case of storage of data in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest.
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility for users to object.
C. Web analytics
- IP address, anonymized by shortening
- Two cookies to distinguish between different visitors (pk_id and pk_sess)
- Previously visited URL (referrer), if transmitted by the browser
- Name and version of the operating system
- Name, version and language setting of the browser
- URLs visited on this website
- Times of page views
- Type of HTML requests
- Screen resolution and color depth
- Techniques and formats supported by the browser (e.g.. Cookies, Java, Flash, PDF, WindowsMedia, QuickTime, Realplayer, Director, SilverLight, Google Gears).
The data is stored and evaluated exclusively on a central server operated by the MPG. In addition to the central website www.mpg.de, it is also used by most Max Planck Institutes and many project websites assigned to the MPG.
The legal basis for the processing of users’ personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The processing of the users’ personal data enables us to analyze the usage behavior of our users. By evaluating the data obtained, we are able to compile information about the use of the individual components of our websites. This helps us to continuously improve our websites and their user-friendliness. These purposes are also our legitimate interest in processing the data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. By anonymizing the IP address, the interest of users in their protection of personal data is sufficiently taken into account.
The data is deleted after the formation of the final annual totals for the access statistics.
Of course, you have the option to object to the data collection. You have the following independent options to object to data collection by the central server:
- Activate the Do-Not-Track setting in your browser. As long as this setting is active, our central server will not store any data from you. Important: The Do-Not-Track instruction usually only applies to the one device and browser in which you enable the setting. If you use multiple devices / browsers, then you must activate Do-Not-Track everywhere separately.
- Use our opt-out function. Click on the checkbox in the following selection box at https://www.mpg.de/datenschutzhinweis/datenerhebung-deaktivieren to stop or re-enable data collection. As long as the checkbox is deactivated, our central server will not store any data from you. Important: For the opt-out, we need to store a special detection cookie in your browser. If you delete this or use another PC/browser, then you must again object to the data collection on this page.
A storage of this data together with other personal data of the users does not take place.
- Browser language settings (localization): Sessioncookie i18next
- Session data (click distance, pages viewed, current language, as well as error messages for forms, if applicable: Sessioncookie mpg_session_r
Both cookies are deleted after closing the session.
- Adoption of the browser’s language setting: automatic selection of the start page and spell check
- Remembering form data entered: terms used in the site’s internal search, entries in the contact form (section F)
The user data collected through technically necessary cookies are not used to create user profiles.
Our website offers the possibility to subscribe to a free newsletter. When registering for the newsletter, the data from the input mask is transmitted to us. These are usually your e-mail address, name and first name. We inform you about the specific processing of the data during the registration process and obtain your consent. In addition, reference is made to this data protection declaration. The data is used exclusively for sending the newsletter.
Legal basis for the processing of data after registration for the newsletter by the user is the consent of the user Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The collection of data serves to deliver the newsletter. The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. Accordingly, the e-mail address of the user is stored as long as the subscription to the newsletter is active. The subscription to the newsletter can be cancelled by the user concerned at any time.
On our websites, we offer users the opportunity to register by providing personal data via an input mask. As a rule, we collect your e-mail address, surname and first name. We inform you about the specific processing of the data during the registration process and obtain your consent. In addition, reference is made to this data protection declaration.
The legal basis for the processing of the data, if the user has given his consent, is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. If the registration serves the fulfillment of a contract to which the user is a party or the implementation of pre-contractual measures, the additional legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR. Registration of the user is necessary for the provision of certain content and services on our website or for the fulfillment of a contract with the user or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is the case for the data collected during the registration process when the registration on our websites is cancelled or modified. For the registration process for the fulfillment of a contract or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, this is the case when the data is no longer necessary for the implementation of the contract. Even after the conclusion of the contract, there may be a need to store personal data of the contractual partner in order to fulfill contractual or legal obligations.
As a user, you have the option to cancel the registration at any time. You can have the data stored about you changed at any time; the procedure is described in more detail in the specific registration process. If the data is required for the fulfillment of a contract or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, early deletion of the data is only possible insofar as contractual or legal obligations do not prevent deletion.
H. Data transfer
The administration and storage of your personal data is carried out for selected services
- Newsletter (section E)
- Registration for the subscription administration “abo.mpg.de” (section G)
within the framework of order data processing on systems of JustRelate Group GmbH, Berlin.9Your personal data will only be transmitted to state institutions and authorities in cases required by law or for criminal prosecution due to attacks on our network infrastructure. Data will not be passed on to third parties for other purposes.
I. Affected person’s rights
As an affected person whose personal data is collected in the context of the above-mentioned services, you generally have the following rights, unless legal exceptions apply in individual cases:
- Information (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Correction (Art. 16 GDPR)
- Deletion (Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR)
- Restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
- Objection to processing (Art. 21 GDPR)
- Revocation of consent (Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR)
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR). For MPG, this is the Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision, Postfach 1349, 91504 Ansbach.